Established in the 1960's, Highveld Honey Farms has grown into one of the largest honey producers in South Africa. We run approximately 8000 bee-hives in the summer rainfall area, moving the hives to different flowering crops as needed.
Our house brand honey goes by the name of Little Bee Honey which is widely sold throughout Southern Africa.
In complying with all regulations governing the production of honey, Little Bee Honey:
- Has no traces of any foreign sugars (including C4 sugar), therefore our honey meets the specifications for pure honey as shown in the Intertek Analysis report.
- Is packaged in our state-of-the-art bottling plant which has a certified food safety management system - FFC 22 000 and is certified by Intertek Sweden.
- Meets the Department of Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) Regulation R 835.
- Originates in South Africa and/or China and/or Uruguay. This is clearly stated on the product packaging as per DAFF Honey Regulations. Little Bee is a blend of honey to give it, its unique Blue Gum honey flavour.
- Is Halaal and Kosher certified.
Rest assured: Little Bee honey is regularly tested and the results show: 100% PURE HONEY!
Please see the certification logos at the bottom of the page. They link to our documentation.
- 375 g Squeeze bottles
- 500 g Squeeze bottles
- 1 kg Squeeze bottles
Click here to view our labeling which includes nutritional information.
NB: Honey varies greatly in colour, flavour and consistancy. It all depends on the blossoms from which the bees have gathered their nectar.
This is a natural process and does not affect the qulaity of honey.
If crystals appear... stand the honey in a container of hot water and allow to warm slowly.
Honey's shelf life:
If properly stored - FOREVER.
We source only the best honey from different countries in the world depending on the seasons' crops, to suppliment our South African honey. Imported honey is irradiated to ensure that bee-diseases are not imported into South Africa. In terms of South African legislation, all imported honey needs to be irradiated before clearing customs. Our South African honey is not irradiated.
- Irradiated honey is bacteria free
- Irradiated honey is safe to feed infants
- Irradiated honey is free from Clostridium and Listeriosis
- Irradiation activates enzymes making it more healthy, with better antiseptic properties for burns and wounds.